Summer 2016 Grant Recipient #2: Zoe Ministry
for July 5th, 2016
Zoe Helps: Kakata Initiative (Liberia)
Grant to be Awarded: $22,500
This grant will provide 100 orphaned and vulnerable children the empowerment tools to break the cycle of poverty in one of the hardest hit areas by Ebola in Liberia.
The situation in Liberia is dire but ZOE’s model can bring hopeful and effective solutions to large numbers of children efficiently. ZOE is a self-sustaining three-year fully comprehensive program, developed in Africa that empowers orphans and vulnerable children to overcome extreme poverty, become fully self-reliant and learn God’s love for them. ZOE’s approach is bold by utilizing an approach to empowerment that is locally based, comprehensive and child-led. It does this without orphanage homes and large overhead. (See attached document for full organization and programs overview).
ZOE – Kakata, Liberia will equip children in the following areas:
1. Food security through children growing or buying a stable food supply.
2. Animal husbandry
3. Secure safe housing
4. Training in health and hygiene for prevention and access to treatment.
5. Training and capital to start businesses with a micro-grant in the first year and micro-loans in the second two years administered through the working group of children.
6. Access to formal education or vocational training.
7. Understanding of child rights with a supportive group and community to enforce those rights.
8. Being a valued part of a loving, supportive group; where the children both receive and give support from and to one another, building dignity along with self-sufficiency.
9. Understanding of the love of God in Christ, through hearing and seeing the gospel in inviting but not coercive ways.
View more information
Legacy Collective is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our tax identification number is 87-1730864. You can find us on Guidestar here