What you need to know about our Grant Process
How does the grant process work?
Who can nominate nonprofits for grants from the Legacy Collective Giving Circles?
- Any current Legacy Collective Partner, Investor, or Founder can nominate a nonprofit for a grant during an open grant cycle.
What criteria are evaluated when Legacy Collective considers a nonprofit for a grant?
- The nonprofit must be a qualified 501c3 not-for-profit organization in good standing with the IRS.
- The grant must address a systemic issue with a sustainable and innovative solution.
- The organization prohibits discrimination of any type protected by federal, state, or local laws in their hiring practices, employment practices, and client services.
- The organization promotes a diverse & inclusive culture.
- The grant request demonstrates that the funding will move the organizational mission forward during a startup or program expansion phase.
- The grant request provides clear budget requirements and timeline milestones for progress towards the stated objective.
- The organization is able to provide progress updates and initiative completion reporting, pictures/video, or site visits.
What information is required on the application?
- Contact information for the Legacy Collective Partner, Investor, or Founder sponsor submitting the application
- Contact information for the nonprofit grant application submitter
- Cause area (ie. education, racial justice, etc.)
- Date that funds are needed by
- Description of initiative
- Initiative impact
- Initiative sustainability
- Related links to the nonprofit initiative
- City, state, country
- Funding amount requested
- Diversity & Inclusion Policy for hiring, employment, and client services
- Any additional documents needed (ie. budget, annual report, etc.)
Who can vote on which nonprofits receive grants?
- All current Legacy Collective Members, Partners, Investors, and Founders
If you don’t have a current Legacy Collective Partner, Investor, or Founder to nominate you, who should you contact?
Disaster Disbursement Policy
- Unlike our Giving Circle Grant process, there are times when Legacy Collective raises funds for disaster relief efforts. In those circumstances, Legacy Collective chooses the nonprofits that the funds will benefit, we fully vet the organizations, and we disburse the funds as quickly as possible. In certain relief efforts, all funds will be paid immediately and in other instances, some of the funding will be held to disburse periodically throughout the recovery effort of the disaster. All funds raised under a disaster relief effort will be used solely for that effort. Ninety percent of all funds go directly to the organizations benefitting from the fundraising efforts.
Schedule for 2021 and 2022* grant cycles
*The 2022 schedule will be announced by December 2021